I recently took a family vacation with my husband, son and some family friends to Cabo. It got me thinking how hard it can be to stay on track while traveling, but also, how easy it can be! Wait a second…confused? The point is to try to maintain a balance even while on vacation.
Here are things I always try to do when I’m traveling and away from my normal routine.
- If you have a kitchenette and you like eggs, get a dozen and boil them. They work great for breakfast or sliced on a room service dinner salad!
- Check the local market for freshly, roasted chickens. This is a great source of protein, tastes great and way better than take out or room service! And did I mention, loads cheaper!!
- While you’re at the market…grab some potatoes. Or better yet, sweet potatoes, which are loaded with vitamin A! Bake in the oven for a crispy outside or in the microwave–I know microwaving isn’t ideal but you’ll live! Add a laughing cow cheese, some roasted chicken and you’re done!
- Fruit! Fruit! Fruit! Need I say more?
- Buy a blender bottle. Personally, I never leave home without my blender bottle, protein shakes and protein snacks. They make great snacks or meals when you’re on the go or pressed for time.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Walk, walk, walk. Outside, in the hotel gym, take a lap around the lobby–no one knows you, you’re on vacation!
- Have fun with kids that play hard! If on vacation with your family, play with your kids!
- Utilize furniture in your hotel room. A chair, wall and floor are all great to use for back-to-basics exercises like triceps dips, crunches, lunges and hip lifts.